Monday, September 7, 2015

It's Time.

Wow. Two years. I'm sorry.

My loyal followers notwithstanding, I'm incredibly apologetic towards myself. This blog was really important to me and I lost it. I lost this blog in the process of losing myself.

The good news is that I've started finding myself again and now I've found this again, too.

I don't know how to quite explain the absence, especially since I was in the middle of putting down roots, quite literally, as of my last posting. And obviously, the answer is both too involved and too intimate to be shared in this setting.

tl;dr (all the cool kids are doing tl;dr these days)
we fell in love. we moved. MISTAKES WERE MADE. we moved. we regrouped. we weighed our options. we moved again.

That's right, that was 3 moves since June 2013. I won't lie and say that I'm not exhausted.

But now, we're back at homebase, which is comforting. We took the time to paint and fix up a lot of the things that needed fixing to make use feel more at home. Maybe I'll do a walk through with you. I'm proud of what we've done. Of course, we've got a lot more work to do.

The most overwhelming perhaps is the yard. The gardens here have been having a field day without Mama around to make them mind.


But that sort of heavywork is quite cathartic really. 

We are cleaning up the mess we so desperately tried to escape from.

It feels like a very "in your 30's" thing to do, and I can't describe the relief that comes along with feeling like I've finally pointed my compass towards adulthood.

For that, and for all of the other lessons in between, I am very grateful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...