Saturday, November 24, 2012

Intentional Love, Peacocks, and Tarot Cards.

Pulled the Queen of Pentacles today,

while love-drunk and giddy.



It was the sixth card I pulled in response to a question about giving myself over to intentional love, particularly if that intentional love was beneficial to my spiritual path.

To me, the Queen of Pentacles represents just about exactly where I want to be. The ultimate culmination of the Divine Feminine. The ability to live in harmony with nature, within relationships, and within one's self. A lover of all, a supreme example of compassion and grace. You know, that hippie lady that sits on her front porch and keeps all of the neighborhood kids in check??

Sometimes, in various depictions of the card, the Queen of Pentacles is sitting with a peacock. This will have more significance in a few paragraphs.

I think it's a good sign. Auspicious omen.

Three of the four cards I pulled for my "past, present, and future" spread mentioned easy decisions, opening opportunities, and clarity of mind. One even went so far as to be the the weak or reversed aspect of a card representing indecisiveness. (Forgive me if you are lost, please ask me some day to explain more. I'm just learning myself.)

The fourth card held caution for thinking of this development a quick fix, no hold's barred solution, urging for yet more patience and perseverance as my true path unfolds; good things take time. Frustrating, but expected. Saturn has not yet officially began his return for me, but I'm certainly feeling the influence-- lots of transitions, re-evaluations, and intentional pauses to avoid rushing into things. Until it passes I am unlikely to know my true path. But, good things take time.

A fifth card I pulled to explore these ideas represented entering a period of strong growth and creative inspiration.


So, while some aspects of my life feel like they came to a rather forcible halt, others feel like they exploded right open. All signs are pointing to accepting what has been laid in front of me, and moving forward with it. Apparently, now is not the time to be sorting out my physical realm (homestead/community), rather it is time to tackle the spiritual. And truly, honestly, my head is a jumble of mismatched thoughts and ideas and plans of action. One of my previous posts mentions the work I've been doing on the house to quiet my mind, and I'm happy to report that it is working. Living in a space that is conducive to stress-free living is nice. I'm looking forward to having the peace of mind to start un-jumble-ing that thought ball.

So, it is becoming obvious to me that while accepting and pursuing this offer of intentional love still might not ultimately lead me to my "goal" it is obviously important for my mental and spiritual growth.


I like living with intention. I especially like loving with intention.

I'll be thinking about how to put it all into words, because it is really quite beautiful to think about. What if we all went out into the world with love as our impetus?


Related of this assorted group of recent synchronicities, is the possibility of getting a tattoo of a peacock on my upper arm much sooner than I had anticipated. Now, oddly, this image is one that called out to me without me having a firm grasp as to it's meaning. But now the idea is more firmly gelled. Peacocks are typically a symbol of rebirth, immortality, and renewal-- a real-life phoenix. They have a regal association to them. Protectors of royalty. Earthly representations of Gods and Goddesses. Slayers of serpents.



Peacocks take a long time to reach maturity. Before they do they are a bit gangly. But each year they lose their tail feathers and eventually more grow in their place.

Perhaps I am not unlike the peacock?

Determined to live true to myself, protecting my own inner royalty? Developing my inner Divine Feminine? Sloughing off the layers that I have built up, my own demons and serpents, until I have grown my full set of tail feathers? Until I am that compassionate and graceful crone, guiding children into the garden to calmly pick peas and collect eggs into an apron?


Life is work.
Life is life.
Life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...