Monday, October 1, 2012

Spent a weekend four miles deep into the woods. Just me and my best friend.





The leaves were at their peak. We peeped at leaf peepers.



It rained nearly the whole time.



We had dressed up in fun Adirondack Mountainman/woman clothes.



I got blisters on my heels the size of quarters. I had to hike the four miles out in my sock feet. But I didn't care.



I was glad that this was the only bear I saw.



I am so glad to have gone. So glad to have shared those moments with my best friend and main squeeze. I love him.



And now I am 28 years old. Or maybe 28 years young. I still feel a bit fool-hardy and headstrong, like I have a lot of learning left to do, like I am not quite "old" enough to be left in charge. And I kind of hope that I don't ever lose this feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...